Olga has been practising as a solicitor since 2000 and is highly experienced in several key areas of law, including commercial and residential property, landlord and tenant law, commercial and banking law.
In relation to the Personal Insolvency Act 2012, she was lead advisor and representative for the Law Society of Ireland in obtaining the first authorisation in Ireland from the Department of Justice and Equality for the first Personal Insolvency Practitioners programme in Ireland.
Olga was also a key member of several large European projects with the Law Society of Ireland, involving the European Commission and a number of high profile participants. She is a lecturer, tutor and examiner with the Law Society of Ireland for several post-graduate professional courses, and is also a consultant, lecturer and editor with the Irish Tax Institute.
- Advised and dealt with asset and share purchases, transfer of undertakings, due diligence, issues arising in financing transactions and associated commercial law issues including data protection, intellectual property and commercial agreements.
- Acted for landlords and tenants of commercial and industrial units, negotiating and drafting commercial leases, surrenders, assignments, sub-leases and advising on all associated issues.
- Advised leading lending institutions and insolvency practitioners on strategies, dealings, structuring, asset disposals and mortgagee in possession disposals.
- Acted for and advised trustees and receivers in relation to asset management, due diligence, fixed asset and trading receiverships and bankruptcies – both domestic and foreign.
- Acted for leading property developers, drafting scheme documentation for mixed-use developments including commercial, residential and industrial developments – and also advised on related issues such as planning and development, shareholders agreements, indemnities, warranties, directors and shareholders duties, rights, powers and compliance.
- Investigated and dealt with various titles involving commercial, residential and non-residential property, and also dealt with property in urban renewal and rural renewal areas.
- Provided general corporate advice to high net worth individuals.
- While employed by the Law Society of Ireland, Olga was a key member of several large European projects involving the European Commission and high profile participants, and was responsible for direction and management of training for guest lecturers.
- Managed several iPad e-Learning postgraduate commercial law programmes; advised on several issues including data protection, policies and procedures; and was a lecturer, tutor and examiner.
- Responsible for obtaining authorisation from the Department of Justice and Equality for the first Personal Insolvency Practitioners programme in Ireland.
- Former guest lecturer on the MA in Literature and Publishing, NUI Galway in the areas of “Intellectual Property Law” and “Technology Law”.
- Registered Trade Mark Agent, (RTMA), 2012.
- In England & Wales, Admitted as a Solicitor, 2012.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Civil Litigation, 2011.
- DIT & Law Society of Ireland, Post Graduate Certificate in Learning, Teaching and Assessment, 2011.
- Law Society of Ireland & Society for Trusts & Estate Practitioners, Diploma in Trusts and Estate Planning, 2008.
- National University of Ireland, Dublin, Master of Laws in Commercial Law (LLM) (Distinctions in all subjects) 2006.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Property, 2006.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2003.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in E-Commerce, 2003.
- Irish Tax Institute, AITI Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA), 2001.
- Law Society of Ireland, Admitted as a Solicitor, 2000.
- National University of Ireland, Galway, B.A. (Hons), LL.B (Hons), 1997.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Irish Tax Institute, AITI (CTA)
- Association of Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys (APTMA)