Solicitor - Insurance Law and Defence Litigation
Margaret is experienced in all areas of Insurance Law and Defence Litigation and has acted for both Irish and UK Insurers, public bodies and large self-insurers. She advises clients on all aspects of insurance defence litigation to include claims relating to Road Traffic Accidents, Employer and Public Liability, Occupational Health, Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Products, Medical Negligence, Professional Negligence, Recovery Actions, policy and coverage issues.
Prior to joining AMOSS Margaret spent a number of years with a prominent defence litigation firm and gained extensive experience. Previously, Margaret practised as a Barrister from 1996-2002 and was a Legal Advisory Counsel at the Office of the Attorney General.
- Legal advice and representation to clients at all levels.
- Dispute resolution of high value personal injury claims for Insurers through settlement and use of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Legal advice on policy terms, interpretation and coverage issues.
- Acted in personal injury litigation involving Medical Negligence, Pharmaceutical Products and Medical Devices; Nervous Shock/Psychological Injury, Occupational Health Injuries (incl. Asbestos disease claims), Catastrophic Injury and Fatal Claims.
- Experienced in investigating and defending fraudulent and exaggerated claims.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Law and European Studies with German, NUI Limerick, 1994.
- Barrister-at-Law Degree (LL.B.), The Honorable Society of King’s Inns, 1996.
- Master, International Human Rights Law (LL.M), NUI Galway, 2002.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 2012.
- Chartered Tax Advisor, Part 1, Irish Tax Institute, 2012.
- Diploma in Insurance Law, Law Society of Ireland, 2017
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
- Public Interest Law Alliance
- Irish Branch of the International Law Association