Kyle is a partner in the Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. Prior to joining AMOSS LLP, Kyle worked for 10 years in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team of a large international law firm in Dublin.
Kyle advises domestic, foreign and multinational clients on complex and high value commercial disputes across a broad range of areas including banking, financial services, professional negligence, regulatory investigations and public procurement.
- Advising financial institutions, credit service providers and receivers in relation to various judgment and enforcement proceedings, including acting on behalf of a US private equity fund in obtaining judgment in the Commercial Court for €58 million in respect of development loans and the successful dismissal of related Commercial Court proceedings challenging the appointment of receivers.
- Advising an Irish bank in proceedings seeking the recovery of €25 million in hotel development loans, which entailed a 33-day hearing in the Commercial Court, and related proceedings seeking to reverse the transfer of over 40 properties as well as corporate shareholdings. The matter settled following the successful determination of preliminary issues in the bank’s favour.
- Acting for a loan purchaser in obtaining summary judgment in contested Commercial Court proceedings within three months of the proceedings issuing.
- Acting for banks, insurers and liquidators in connection with professional negligence claims against property valuers, insurance brokers, construction professionals and solicitors.
- Acting for the liquidators of a stockbroking firm in a professional negligence claim against insurance brokers concerning the brokerage of an insurance policy relevant to hundreds of bond mis-selling claims.
- Acting for a utilities contractor in a series of seven judicial reviews, including Commercial Court proceedings, against a semi-state body concerning the award of work under existing and proposed frameworks worth hundreds of millions.
- Acting on behalf of an unsuccessful tenderer in Commercial Court proceedings challenging the award of contracts for the appointment to a state body’s overhead power lines framework with an estimated value of €100 million.
- Acting for a property development company in relation to a judicial review of a dawn raid at the client’s premises, in pursuance of an investigation by a state body into mass redundancies effected following a liquidation, and the successful strike out of various criminal prosecutions.
- Advising companies, investment funds and directors in relation to investigations by various regulators, including the Corporate Enforcement Authority, the Central Bank of Ireland, the Data Protection Commission, as well as in relation to State commissions of investigation.
- Acting for a regulated loan service provider in an appeal of a decision of the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman to the High Court.
- LL.B. (Hons), Trinity College Dublin, 2009
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 2013.
- Law Society of Ireland, Certificate in Higher Court Civil Advocacy, 2015.
- King’s Inns, Advanced Diploma in Corporate, White-Collar & Regulatory Crime, 2020.