Killian joined AMOSS in October 2014 following 10 years of practice with another prominent Dublin firm acting for Irish businesses, property developers and high net worth individuals in relation to all their property and commercial law requirements.
He is part of the AMOSS Real Estate Team, primarily acting for property developers, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and investors in relation to all aspects of the purchase, sale, leasing and financing of commercial property.
Killian's diverse experience enables him to bring a broader and more rounded perspective to complex banking and real estate transactions.
- Acted for property developers in the acquisition of development sites and their subsequent development/sale – including preparation of scheme documentation and onward sale of residential units.
- Acted in relation to numerous sales and purchases of licensed premises including hotels, pubs and restaurants.
- Advised banks and insolvency practitioners in relation to the validity and enforceability of security and acted in relation to the disposal and realisation of secured assets including residential sites, industrial units, retail parks, hotels and high value residential properties.
- Advised landlords and tenants of industrial units and offices, including the negotiation and drafting of occupational leases, advising on rent reviews, repair covenants, statutory rights and insurance issues.
- Acted for a number of Irish retail chains in High Street and shopping centre leases, and provided ongoing advices in relation to repair covenants, rent review issues and landlord disputes.
- Advised in relation to diverse property law issues including planning and Building Regulations compliance, adverse possession, the acquisition and leasing of foreshore, the MUD Act and the Private Residential Tenancies Act 2004.
- Acted for an Irish family trust in the disposal of its entire commercial property portfolio over a 12-month period, including the sale of 7 retail investment properties and advised in relation to debt settlement and trust law issues.
- Acted for a large independent bookmaker on the sale of its chain of betting shops to Paddy Power plc.
- Advised publicans, restaurant owners, hoteliers, catering service providers and wholesalers in relation to the application for and renewal of liquor licences, fire safety issues and dealing with ongoing compliance queries.
- Advised numerous corporates and their directors in relation to business law issues, to include corporate governance, insolvency, data protection, intellectual property, franchising, agency and commercial agreements.
- Acted for clients acquiring property through offshore trusts and other tax efficient structures.
- Acted for high net worth individuals in relation to the sale and purchase of high value residential properties.
- Represented clients in contentious matters including employment law, breach of contract, public procurement, planning and landlord and tenant issues.
- BCL (International) University College Dublin 2000.
- University of Melbourne 1999.
- Admitted as a Solicitor Law Society of Ireland 2004
- Diploma in Commercial Property Law Society of Ireland 2007.
- Certificate of Mutual Funds Services Institute of Bankers 2004.
- Tutor in Conveyancing and Landlord/Tenant Law Society of Ireland 2009 to present.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Parchment