John is the Managing Partner and head of the Banking and Financial Services team at AMOSS.
John acts for large Irish credit institutions, new entrants into the Irish lending market as well as individual and corporate borrowers, in relation to commercial property finance, acquisition finance, construction finance, restructuring and refinancing. More recently, John’s focus has been advising non-traditional lenders in financial transactions involving commercial property investment assets and development finance.
Sources to Chambers Europe and Global Guides 2018 describe John as a “good operator and a good practitioner; he knows his stuff”.
John is also a director on the global board of Interlaw, an elite network of independent law firms located in 140 cities with over 7000 expert lawyers. Prior to joining the Interlaw board John was Chair of Interlaw’s EMEA Banking, Finance and Insolvency practice group.
- Lead legal advisor to Ulster Bank Ireland in connection with Project Coney, the disposal of a loan portfolio secured primarily on Irish hotel and commercial property assets.
- Acted for Ulster Bank Ireland in lending transactions to ICAV investment vehicle, secured on real property.
- Acted for AIB in funding the takeover of a fire safety business.
- Acted for Finance Ireland in lending transactions to acquisitive leisure industry entities
- Acted for Capitalflow in funding a residential and commercial investment development in Limerick.
- Acted for Castlehaven in residential development loans.
- Acted for Channor Group in its exit from NAMA and subsequent refinancing into pillar bank.
- Acted for O’Malley Group in its exit from NAMA and subsequent refinancing of certain assets and projects into pillar bank.
- Advises the Firm's various corporate clients in connection with their financing arrangements.
- Advises the Firm's banking clients in contested proceedings seeking summary judgment in the Commercial Division of the High Court.
- BCL (Hons), University College Cork, 1987.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 1993.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association