Joan is a partner in the Real Estate team practising in all aspects of commercial property. She has broad experience in acting for landlords, tenants, developers, financial institutions, receivers in relation to the acquisition, disposal and leasing of commercial, residential and mixed use properties.
Joan has a particular expertise and interest in advising on construction and development related matters and has acted extensively for leading developers from site acquisition through the construction phase and ultimately the onward sale or leasing of the completed development.
- Acted in the purchase and financing of a portfolio of Dublin hotels.
- Advised a developer in connection with a forward funding deal with Irish Residential Properties REIT Plc relating to 194 residential units.
- Advices throughout the procurement stage of a €20 million redevelopment of a leading Dublin hotel.
- Acted in the block sale of 68 apartments to Fingal County Council in a forward funding transaction.
- Acting in the funding and development of a primary health care centre in south city Dublin.
- Currently providing advices to shortlisted bidders for the development of local authority owned lands as a mixed tenure housing development with the potential for over 1000 residential units.
- BCL LLB, University College Cork, 1996.
- Law Society of Ireland , admitted as a solicitor, 2001.
- Diploma in Commercial Law, Law Society of Ireland, 2001.
- Diploma in Commercial Property Law, Law Society of Ireland, 2006.
- Admitted to practice in England and Wales, 2011.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
The Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Bill 2018: Proposals to enhance protections for tenants
Help To Buy Incentive
The Impact of the Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015 on Fixed Asset Receivers