Jerry is a partner in the Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. He qualified as a solicitor in 2008 and worked for 8 years in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team of a leading commercial firm. He then spent two years in the Insurance team of a UK firm before joining AMOSS.
Jerry advises in relation to general commercial disputes, principally focusing on banking litigation and has acted for many financial institutions in contractual disputes, judgment and enforcement proceedings in both the High Court and Commercial Court. Jerry also has considerable experience in advising on insurance disputes and professional negligence claims.
- Advising financial institutions to include Bank of Scotland plc, Zurich Bank, KBC Bank Ireland plc and ACC Bank plc in the enforcement of security and various enforcement options with particular experience in the High Court and Commercial Court.
- Advising a large accountancy firm defending a professional indemnity claim worth in excess of €7million on foot of advices provided relating to the Business Expansion Scheme.
- Acting on behalf of a large multinational company defending defamation proceedings brought against it.
- Representing an Italian airline in Commercial Court proceedings regarding a dispute with an Irish aircraft leasing company.
- Acting for receivers applying for injunctive relief where borrowers were interfering resulting in applications for attachment and committal being brought.
- Advising UK underwriters regarding numerous structural warranty claims relating to damage caused to insured properties by pyritic heave.
- Advising an Irish financial institution in Commercial Court proceedings where judgment was obtained against a borrower for a sum in excess of €30m and subsequent enforcement proceedings.
- University College Galway, Bachelor of Arts (Hons), 2002.
- University College Galway, Bachelor in Laws (LLB) (Hons), 2003.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 2008.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Commercial Litigation 2008.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Insurance Law 2016.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
Delay Regarding New High Court Rules