Hazel joined the Banking and Finance team in September 2012. Prior to that, she worked as in-house counsel for two large financial institutions.
Hazel is experienced in all areas of banking and conveyancing law and is particularly proficient in the areas of security perfection, enforcement and in dealing with the peculiarities found in distressed loan portfolios.
Her combined expertise in these two areas of law enables her to provide detailed advice to our varied client base from private clients to large multinational financial institutions.
- Acted for and advised financial institutions in relation to new lending and restructuring of existing facilities to include drafting facility agreements and the security required.
- Carried out security due diligence reports, investigation of title and prepared enforcement step plans for financial institutions, advising them on all aspects of perfection of security, restructuring and enforcement options.
- Acted for and advised financial institutions and insolvency practitioners in relation to the validity and enforceability of the security and acted for both in relation to the disposal of secured assets to include residential investment properties, commercial properties, partially complete and completed residential development sites.
- Acted in the sale and acquisition of a variety of residential and commercial properties for our private clients.
- Bachelor of Science (Earth Science) National University of Ireland Galway, 2003.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 2009.
- Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute, 2011.
- Diploma in Insolvency and Corporate Restructuring, Law Society of Ireland, 2012.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Irish Taxation Institute