Partner - Real Estate
Alan advises a wide range of clients including banks, insolvency practitioners, real estate investors and developers, specialising in the areas of commercial property, planning and licensing law.
Prior to establishing AMOSS, Alan was a senior partner in the property department and head of the licensing department of one of the largest law firms in Ireland, and was the lead partner on property related insolvency matters.
- Advised banks and insolvency practitioners on workout strategies, enforcement and asset disposals.
- Worked with NAMA borrowers on their strategy, dealings and structuring of loan facilities.
- Acted for insolvency practitioners in their capacities as examiner, receiver and liquidator in respect of property and licensing matters.
- Advised international and domestic real estate investors on the acquisition of Irish property and senior debt secured on Irish assets.
- Advised banks and their appointed receivers in many fixed asset and trading receiverships.
- Provided on-going advices to one of Ireland's largest property developers on all aspects of its business.
- Lead advisor to a global telecoms company in drafting the template property documents for its mobile telecommunications network.
- Advised Ireland’s largest supermarket retailer on its licensing requirements for its stores throughout the country.
- Advised on the defence of planning enforcement proceedings on a landmark hotel in Ireland for an international hotel operator.
- Represented a leading developer at the first oral hearing of an application made under the Planning and Development (Strategic Infrastructure) Act, 2006.
- Involved in planning arbitrations for property stakeholders on Part V of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 as amended.
- Extensive licensing experience and project managed the licensing process for many new supermarkets, hotels, public houses, restaurants and nightclubs over the past 10 years.
- Provides day-to-day advises to the firm’s hotel, publican, restaurant, night club and supermarket clients.
- Contributed to The Law Society of Ireland's Professional Practice Advanced Course, tutoring on the Licensing Law module and has appeared as an expert licensing witness in court proceedings.
- Harvard Law School Exec. Ed., 2010.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 2001
- Diploma in Legal Studies, DIT 1997.
- B.A. (Hons) Psychology & Classics, University College Dublin, 1996.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors' Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Harvard Law School Exec. Ed. Alumni
- Insol – Europe
- Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners
Recommended in the area of real estate in editions of the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners