Consultant - Real Estate
Aileen joined the Real Estate Department at AMOSS as a Consultant in November 2015. Prior to joining AMOSS Aileen was a Partner in the Real Estate Department of a major Irish Commercial law firm where she worked for over 14 years.
Aileen has over 20 years’ experience in all areas of commercial real estate law, residential property development. In particular, she has substantial experience in site acquisitions and disposals of a full range of property assets, mixed use commercial and residential development schemes, project funding, tax based projects and leasing, acting on behalf of both landlords and tenants. Aileen has acted on behalf of some of Ireland’s leading property developers in commercial and residential development projects. She has also acted on behalf of statutory and pubic bodies in Public Sector property related matters, NAMA, financial institutions and institutional investors.
Aileen provides legal advise to a wide range of clients, both corporate and individuals and her extensive experience in the Irish real estate sector enables her to advise on a wide range of real estate transactions.
- Acted for many of Ireland’s largest developers on all aspects of mixed use residential and commercial developments from site acquisition, provision of service infrastructure, drafting scheme documentation, co-ordination of completion of high volume sales, advising on management company structures and implementation of MUD Act legislation.
- Acted on behalf of developers in numerous large scale mixed use residential development schemes on various sites in north and south County Dublin, within the greater Dublin area (Adamstown SDZ) (Charlesland, Greystones) and also regional areas (Athlone Town Centre).
- Acted for the developers of Dundrum Town Centre project in development of scheme from inception stage up to first phase opening, landlord and tenant transactions and related matters.
- Acted on behalf of Local Authorities in various property related matters to include acquisition from third parties, sales to voluntary bodies and Part V acquisitions and sales on various developments.
- Advising a major international multi-brand retailer on landlord and tenant matters and roll out of its stores at multiple retail locations.
- Advised foreign investors on acquisition and development of commercial real estate assets.
- Provided on going advises to pharmacy operator group on property acquisitions, lease negotiations and associated agreements and on day to day asset management issues.
- Acted on behalf of high net worth investors in relation to wide range of commercial property acquisitions, disposals and asset management of various commercial property assets including retail parks.
- Advised and acted on behalf of receivers in receivership sales of both residential and commercial properties and asset management.
- Acted on behalf of various banks in portfolio property disposals, asset management related issues including the enforcement of security and due diligence for loan transfers to NAMA.
- Acted on behalf of NAMA in reviewing legal due diligence reports furnished by financial institutions to NAMA in respect of eligible bank assets to be transferred to include advising on risk assessment, remediation and enforcement of security.
- Advised nursing home operator on site acquisitions, funding and asset disposals.
- Advised numerous developers in negotiations on infrastructure projects with local authorities and statutory bodies.
- Acted on behalf of both lenders and borrowers in refinancing and restructuring of existing financial arrangements.
- Advised on property related tax schemes to include liaising with external advisors on implementation of complex taxation schemes.
- Advised in relation to planning and environmental matters including strategic development zone (SDZ) projects including examination of the regulatory context for development.
- Law Society of Ireland Personal Insolvency Practitioner Certificate 2013.
- Law Society of Ireland Diploma in Commercial Litigation 2010.
- Law Society of Ireland Diploma in Property Tax 2001.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor in 1997.
- NUI BEd (Hons) 1987
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association