Debt Recovery and Enforcement
We have extensive experience in obtaining judgment and, thereafter, taking the appropriate further steps to enforce recovery.
Such steps can include:
- execution by way of directing the City/County Sheriff to seize goods belonging to the debtor
- garnishee orders requiring a debtor of the Judgment debtor to pay the debt owed to the Judgment creditor rather than to the Judgment debtor
- the appointment of a receiver by way of equitable execution
- registering the Judgment debt as a mortgage against property owned by the debtor or having the Judgment debt charged against shareholdings of the debtor by Court Order
Our team is highly experienced in all aspects of enforcement matters and advises on the best strategy for each individual case - always conscious of the cost/ benefit to the client and the prospects of recovery.
Related Practice Areas
Recent Transactional Experience
- We obtained summary judgment for €2.7m following a contested hearing in the High Court, which was confirmed by the Court of Appeal.
- We obtained orders charging a judgment amount on the defendants’ shares in a number of companies.
- We advised secured creditors and receivers on the appointment of receivers to companies and to assets.