Sarah qualified as a solicitor in 2008 and prior to joining the Litigation Team at AMOSS, she worked for seven years in a busy general practice.
During her time in general practice, she gained extensive litigation experience, having acted for local authorities and private clients in the prosecution and defence of a range of contentious matters. She also has particular experience in employment law, debt enforcement and recovery, judicial review, personal injuries, arbitrations and planning and environmental law.
Sarah has also advised lending institutions on title and rectification in relation to commercial property.
- Advised and defended Local Authorities in judicial review proceedings pursuant to the Waste Management Acts 1996 (as amended), the Housing Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1992 and the Roads Act 1993.
- Successfully instituted injunctive proceedings on behalf of Local Authorities pursuant to the Planning and Development Acts 2000 (as amended) relating to unauthorised development and proceedings seeking injunctive relief for trespass.
- Acted for and advised employers and employees in claims for constructive dismissal, unfair dismissal, bullying and harassment, discrimination, breach of contract and wrongful dismissal in the Employment Appeals Tribunal, the Labour Court, the Equality Tribunal, the Circuit Court and the High Court.
- Advised in the enforcement and recovery of loan arrears on re-possessed property and enforcement of financial contributions payable under conditions of grants of planning permission.
- Bachelor of Business and Legal Studies (BBLS), University College Dublin, 2002.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 2008.
- Law Society of Ireland, Diploma in Employment Law, 2009.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Kildare Solicitors’ Bar Association