Partner - Corporate
Enda is a corporate lawyer with extensive experience in advising on mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets, corporate re-organisations, shareholder arrangements, corporate fundraising, joint ventures, venture capital and private equity.
Enda joined AMOSS in 2015 from the Department of Finance where he was the Senior Corporate Lawyer during one of the most challenging periods in the economic history of the State.
During his time in the Department of Finance, he was intimately involved in advising on a diverse range of issues relating to the banking crisis, including shareholder litigation, liability management exercises, State aid, public procurement, bank capital requirements, the approval of bank restructuring plans by the European Commission and other bank stabilisation measures.
Enda has also advised on some of the largest and most important corporate and capital markets transactions of recent years. In his time at the Department of Finance he was involved in the introduction of the IBRC Act 2013, the Central Bank Act 2014, and the extension of the Credit Institutions Stabilisation Act 2010.
Enda was involved in the establishment of the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland, the financing of Irish Water and also advised on resolution projects within the Credit Union sector.
In late 2015 Enda was appointed by the Minister for Finance as a Non-Executive Director of the Investor Compensation Company Limited (an independent body established under statute with responsibility of devising and maintaining a scheme for the compensation of customers of authorised investment firms). He is also a member of the Audit Committee.
Enda has a particular interest in promoting Ireland abroad and is a board member of the British Ireland Trading Alliance and a former chairman of the Ireland Canada Business Association.
Prior to joining the Department of Finance Enda was a senior partner in one of Ireland's largest corporate law firms.
- Advised Hovis Limited in connection with Irish Pride (In Receivership).
- Core member of the "Project Dawn" team which achieved the successful restructure of the Promissory Note element of Ireland's banking debt and the liquidation of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited ("IBRC"). The transaction value was €25 billion.
- Advised on the €525 million equity fundraising by Permanent TSB Group Holdings plc ("PTSBGH") comprising new equity of €400 million and a €125 million AT1 issuance and the admission of the entire issued share capital of PTSB to the main markets of the London Stock Exchange and the Irish Stock Exchange.
- Advised on the disposal of the Preference Shares held by the State in Bank of Ireland (with a transaction value of €2.1 billion).
- Advised on the disposal of the Contingent Convertible Capital Instruments held by the State in Bank of Ireland to private investors (with a transaction value of €1.1 billion).
- Advised on the disposal of Irish Life Limited to the Great West Lifeco Group with a transaction value €1.3 billion).
- Advised the Minister for Finance on the liquidation of Newbridge Credit Union.
- Admitted as a Solicitor to the Law Society of Ireland, 2001.
- Diploma in Financial Services Law, University College Dublin, 1998 – 1999.
- Bachelor of Laws LL.B (First Class Honours), National University of Ireland at Galway, 1996 – 1997.
- Bachelor of Corporate Law (Second Class Honours, First Grade), National University of Ireland, Galway, 1993 – 1996.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors’ Bar Association
- Recommended lawyer in 2011 edition of Chambers Europe – Europe's Leading Lawyers for Business and Chambers Global 2011.
- Recommended lawyer in 2011 edition of The Legal 500 – A Guide to Europe's Leading Lawyers.
- Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Equity Capital Markets
- Financial Regulation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Public Sector