Partner - Real Estate
For over 25 years, Daniel has specialised in property law, particularly the acquisition and development of major residential and commercial sites. Daniel has been the advisor of choice to several international companies acquiring investment assets in Ireland. He has also advised many of Ireland's leading property developers on their site assemblies, banking, project structuring, litigation and general strategy - both within Ireland and internationally.
Daniel provides general business and legal advice to a variety of clients - both corporate and individuals – and prior to establishing AMOSS, he was Head of Property in a major Irish law firm.
Daniel also has a strong sense of our social responsibilities as a successful business owner and is proud and honoured to be a director and trustee of the Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation.
- Completed reviews of finance documentation - including facility letters, mortgage documents and guarantees - as part of major refinance and restructuring projects
- Provided assistance to developers and property companies in their dealings with the National Asset Management Agency and banks on "work out" solutions for particular assets.
- Advised many of Ireland's largest development companies on the acquisition, financing, development and disposal of residential and commercial property sites.
- Advised international property companies on the acquisition of Retail Parks, Shopping Centres, Hotel Chains, Office blocks and other investment assets.
- Negotiated joint venture arrangements between land owners and developers.
- Advised and negotiated with Local Authorities on various aspects of Planning, Services and other Local Authority Planning and Rezoning-related matters.
- Negotiated on behalf of developers and local authorities in respect of infrastructural works including road construction, river diversions, bridge constructions and major sewerage treatment plants.
- Advised on joint venture arrangements between developers and local authorities to deliver infrastructure or jointly develop adjoining lands
- Advised on and prepared infrastructural agreements for sewerage, mains water and surface water projects, involving several developers.
- Provided overview advice on a major multi-jurisdictional patent litigation case.
- BCL (Hons) University College Cork, 1983.
- Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a solicitor, 1988.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors' Bar Association
Recommended in various editions of Chambers Global and Chambers Europe as "an energetic hard-working and tireless advisor according to clients" and as one of the "most visible partners on deals".